Connect: Enable Access for Assistive Devices on Mac OS X
[Return to the Adobe Connect Portal]
If you are using Adobe Connect on a Mac computer with OSX and you select the options to share an application or window, you will be prompted to turn on the Enable Access for Assistive Devices setting.
To Begin Sharing an Application or Window:
1. Click the Share My Screen menu in the center of your meeting area. Then select the Share My Screen option.
2. A small window will pop up asking you what you want to share. If you select either the Applications or Windows options, you may be prompted to enable access for assistive devices. To do this, click on the Enable Access button.
3. This will open the Universal Access settings in your System Preferences. Click the box for Enable Access for Assistive Devices. You do not have to save this setting. It will be immediately activated.
4. Click the red circle icon in the upper right corner of the Systems Preferences window to close it. You will then be returned to your Adobe Connect Meeting. Click the Share My Screen icon again and select the Share My Screen option.
5. Now you can select the options to share an application or window. First click the radio button for either Applications or Windows, depending on what you want to share. Then choose the application or window you would like to share by clicking on its box on the left side of the checklist. Click the Share button at the bottom to show the application or window to your meeting attendees.
6. When you are ready to stop the screen sharing feature, click on the Adobe Connect icon in menu bar in the top right of your screen. Select the Stop Screen Sharing option.
You can also stop the sharing process by clicking on the Stop Sharing icon in the center of your meeting space.
6/27/2013 10:29:38 AM
We love feedback! Please help us improve this article.